Konica Minolta’s Award-Winning Digital Print Technologies Showcased at Print18
Highlight of industry-leading technologies accentuated by AccurioPress series winning two 2019 BLI PRO awards
MISSISSAUGA, ON. (October 5, 2018) – Konica Minolta Business Solutions (Canada) Ltd. (Konica Minolta), a leader in the Graphic Communications Industry, was a featured guest at last week’s Print18 in Chicago, Illinois. The company is pleased to announce the conference was a major success; the show afforded Konica Minolta the opportunity to showcase its award-winning digital print technologies, and to officially announce two of its products have been recognized by the 2019 Buyers Lab PRO awards.
Konica Minolta’s PRO Awards Announced at Print 18
On October 2nd, the final day of the show, Konica Minolta proudly announced that two of its digital presses had received Keypoint Intelligence’s Buyers Lab (BLI) PRO award for 2019. The two presses in question, the AccurioPress 6136 and the AccurioPress C3080, were on full display for attendees of Print18. The BLI PRO award recognizes the ‘best of the best’ in production printing and is based on real-world field tests during which tens of thousands of pages are printed over a given production year. This award reaffirms Konica Minolta’s long heritage of responding to customer needs, creating an end-to-end value proposition for the graphic communications and industrial print market.
Konica Minolta’s Leading-Edge Digital Print Technologies
In addition to this announcement, Konica Minolta representatives were on-site throughout the course of the show running live demonstrations showcasing how the products on site meet, and exceed, customer demands.
“At the end of the day, we’re constantly pursuing product innovation for the benefit of our customers,” said Norm Bussolaro, Sr. Director of Marketing, Konica Minolta Business Solutions (Canada) Ltd. “We’re developing these new capabilities to expand business opportunities and increase the profit margins of our clients. Print18 allowed us the opportunity to showcase some of our most advanced digital printers, and to demonstrate how these devices directly address the challenges that our clients’ businesses face.”
The following technology solutions were on full display for attendees of Print18:
- IQ-501 Intelligent Quality Optimizer - our inline calibration unit that takes colour consistency and registration accuracy to the next level. As part of a closed loop system, the IQ-501 analyzes the front and back of each sheet, making automatic adjustments to output on the fly to ensure outstanding colour and front-to-back registration from the first print to the last, minimizing waste and maximizing profitability.
- AccurioWide 160 - the first Konica Minolta UV wide-format printer, with its first public showing at Print18. Using renowned inkjet printhead technology, this product is capable of printing four colour process and white ink on a variety of roll, board or sheet substrates up to 1.6 metres wide.
- MGI JV3D 9000L - in partnering with MGI, Konica Minolta offers the best digital decorative print embellishing product on the market. This finisher offers 100 percent digital spot-UV, hot foil, tactile surfaces, and other unique creative options, and handles both sheet-fed and roll-to-roll substrates. This is a must-see product that clients are using to increase their profits, in some cases by as much as 80 percent.
- AccurioLabel 190 GM Edition - a cost effective digital solution for commercial printers looking to gain a foothold or expand into the label and packaging market. This toner-based web press, paired in-line with a mini-GM die cutting solution, creates new opportunities for our customers in that growing market.
The AccurioLabel 190 press presence at Print18 follows Konica Minolta’s recent milestone of the 250th sale of this product. In turn, it marks a 150 percent sales increase over this time last year. This digital press is designed to target small to mid-size label converters by offering affordable entry to digital printing. It has been developed to manage and deliver an increasing number of small to medium print jobs with faster processing times.
- WEBJet 100D - a high-speed, high volume digital press that represents a desired solution for transactional printing, or other high-speed roll-to-cut or roll-to-roll output. This affordable press, printing 525 feet per minute, and yielding the highest resolution in its class, is offered with extensive finishing capabilities for targeted, profitable applications.
- AccurioJet KM-1 - this impressive production inkjet press combines the speed and flexibility of offset presses with the digital benefits of variable data printing and zero make-ready. Although the engine was not on the floor this year, the Konica Minolta exhibit featured some visually stunning print samples from the KM-1.
- Other Konica Minolta printers on display included devices with cut sheet, wire binding, and booklet-maker functions.
All the aforementioned technologies, as well as those additional devices featured but not-named, are demonstrative of Konica Minolta’s commitment to meeting customer needs via a suite of digital printing, finishing, decorative and embellishing products. All aimed at fulfilling the demand for cost-effective, vibrant, and visually engaging options. Finally, the business solutions presented at Print18 demonstrated capabilities for comprehensive control of the Production Management process, which offers even greater opportunities for cost containment to customers.
About Konica Minolta
Konica Minolta Business Solutions (Canada) Ltd. is a leader in the Graphic Communications Industry. With our comprehensive portfolio, we provide award-winning production, industrial print and inkjet solutions. Konica Minolta's IT Services Division offers a range of IT strategy, support and network security solutions across all verticals. Konica Minolta has been recognized by Brand Keys as the #1 Brand for Customer Loyalty in the MFP Office Copier market for 11 consecutive years. Konica Minolta, Inc. has been named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index for six years in a row. We partner with our customers to give shape to ideas and work to bring value to our society. For more information, please visit www.konicaminolta.ca and follow Konica Minolta on LinkedIn, YouTube, Facebook and Twitter (@KonicaMinoltaCA).
Think2Grow Marketing for Konica Minolta Business Solutions (Canada) Ltd.
Brendan Hills, Director of Content Strategy