- Update from Konica Minolta’s President on COVID19 (24/03/2020)
- Optimism in The Face of Disruption: Technology, Collaboration and The New Normal (31/03/2020)
- Konica Minolta Statement on Coronavirus (17/03/2020)
- Letter from Konica Minolta Canada President (19/03/2020)
- Konica Minolta Logistics Service Update (19/03/2020)
- Coronavirus Q & A (30/03/2020)
Customers and Partners,
The wellbeing and safety of our employees, partners, and customers remains our top priority.
In light of recent news that a major Canadian courier (Purolator) reported a COVID-19 outbreak at one of their Calgary facilities, we wanted to let our customers and partners know we are aware of this situation and that we are taking precautions to ensure our staff and customers stay safe and healthy. News like this also provides a good opportunity to revisit public health recommendations for safely handling courier shipments and packages.
Alberta Health Services (along with other major public health agencies across the country) suggest that anyone receiving packages in the mail (from any courier or supplier) can protect themselves by handling goods cautiously, discarding wrapping or packaging materials safely, and then washing their hands thoroughly before touching the contents.
As we continue to monitor the developing pandemic situation across Canada, our staff are working in accordance with all federal and provincial public health recommendations surrounding COVID-19. We remain committed to ensuring all Konica Minolta staff are well trained and well equipped with protective gear wherever required. As always, the health and safety of our staff and our customers is the top priority.
Stay healthy. Stay safe.
For additional questions, please contact covid19Updates@bt.konicaminolta.ca.