The Meteor DP8700 XL+ digital printing press is the latest in MGI’s line of versatile toner-based digital presses. Created for key markets such as commercial printing, in-plants, plastic card manufacturers, book printers, photo printers and many others, it’s faster and more precise thanks to a new thinner toner and more higher printing quality.
Inline Digital Hot Foiling Solution
Personalization and Variable Data Printing
Print on a variety of substrates
Handle sizes from 3.9”x5.9” to 13” x 47”
- Superb high-quality print and laser safe printing.
- Allows for a large choice of formats combined with a broad range of substrates and thicknesses now up to 400 Gsm.
- The fully-automated offset feeder table has a tolerance of ± 2/10°mm registration to all substrates loaded.
- Includes major enhancements to colour fidelity and rendering thanks to new toner and the new Fiery RIP FS100 Pro.
- The toner uses denser dyes and smaller, more regular particles for larger gamut and delivering richer tones and colours.
- Improved colour management and the colours produced are similar with other printing devices (offset, plotter, flexo) that are compliant with this standard.
- The Fiery RIP provides various tools to optimize and customize your prints without having to go back to pre-press.
- Dedicated touchscreen with built-in substrate library that automatically adjusts all print settings inside the engine to optimize the printability of each paper, envelope and plastic. Maximize productivity by saving specific heat, Infrared and transfer settings for later recall.
- The auto-adjusting offset feeder table will automatically adjust the side lay guides on the press to best correspond to all of your formats, adjusting even for paper skew.
Supporting Solutions and Services
- Automated Skew and Centering Adjustment (ASCA) system allows for on-the-fly registration. This involves several step motors and optical sensors, and works without any operator involvement.